Wednesday, April 4, 2007

A Wonderful Life

I was looking down my profile the other day and I noticed how many diverse and different types of people I am friends with, and that care about me, or at least know OF me.

A funny tidbit you may or may not know about me, but my biggest fear is being alone. I prefer to grocery shop in pairs. I can't even make myself go to a movie alone, and the worst thing I can imagine is living in total isolation, alone, on a desert island, with no one to talk to and no one to lean on if I need to cry, or shout for joy (whichever you prefer).

There are a lot of moments in my life where I sit in an empty room and for one reason or another, I contemplate my value in life. What am I really worth? What defines that? Then I log on, and I see that I have new messages or comments, and sometimes it's expected, and sometimes it's from someone completely random that I haven't heard from in forever. And either way, it makes my day.

Because God has really blessed me with a life that I can call wonderful, and meaningful. I've been given all these opportunities to go places, and see the world, and sing my heart out, and walk away with experiences and friendships that help define every bit of who I am.

At some point in the last few years, I came to the conclusion that letting go is a beautiful thing. How amazing is it that people in your life serve a purpose, be that for a day, or for ten years, and then you move on. You let go. You reach out. You change.

Might sound morbid to some of you, but to me, it's the perfect picture of beautiful.

My life, while it's moving forward, is still being painted and colored in ways I won't even be able to see until later on down the road. God's giving me all these opportunities - of internships and of travel and destination - and every day is an adventure.

If that isn't the epitome of cool, I don't know what is.

It really is a wonderful life.

No comments: