Tuesday, October 21, 2008

on the good in me

This was hard to make myself actually write, but I feel like I have been a downer lately, and that I should take better care of my soul. So this is for Me. Go me.

Positive things about me. In no order.

I am outgoing.
I have great friends.
I have a nice smile.
I am friendly, even when people sometimes aren’t friendly back.
I am faithful.
I have a heart for the poor and needy.
I am an intelligent, deep-thinker.
I have a great family.
I am a leader.
I laugh. A lot. And it spreads to others.
I give my time and effort to people that seem like they need friends.
I confront issues instead of being passive.
I have beautiful eyes.
I am fairly open-minded.
I don’t judge books by their covers.
I (have heard that I) am a good cuddler.
I am passionate.
I am not scared to show emotion, even if others think it is weakness.
I love all kinds of people.
I am, as a general rule, very upbeat and uplifting.
I love the little things.
I am usually the first to reach out to newcomers.
I try to be well-rounded by reading books and trying to learn from them.
I am a dreamer.
I have a great voice.
I can write songs that move people.
I have good fashion sense, though I usually can’t afford it.
I am always down to try new foods.
I do sweet things for other people to let them know that I love them.
I am back in school.
I have a roommate and neighbors who love me.
I know another language and am passionate about learning more of them.
I have a great sense of humor.
I know so many freaking people.
I work hard.
I would drive for hours if someone needed me.
I learn from mistakes, for the most part.
I like to share what I have, when I can.
I am attractive, inside and out, even if I don’t see that sometimes.
I love to dance.
I embrace the journey instead of a destination (usually).
I can write beautiful things.
I am getting better at calling people back and staying in touch.
I find beauty in the most random things.
I could, hypothetically, tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue.
This has yet to be proven.
I am good at taking pictures so I have things to look back on.



Things I need to work on but that are completely possible and within reach:

Having a consistent attitude instead of being so up or down
Working to be more passionate at my job
Being more responsible with my money
Give all I have to my schoolwork, all the time
Try not to take things personally
Find a job that pays the bills but where I am happy simulateously
Get in shape enough to where I feel more confident in myself
Keep my attitude in check when I am wronged or let down
Listening more
Not getting attached to friends or other relationships so easily
Get more sleep on the nights I need to
Work on my music more and use it as an outlet
Not being influenced as much by what people think of me
Be passionate still, but don’t settle into unguided passion
Finish school before I become a nomad and travel the world


See, me? You are actually really cool.

No comments: